March 3, 2009 in Questions of the Week
Week one of the questions you guys sent in to firstname.lastname@example.org! There were quite a few to choose from, plus others that made us laugh…like the one asking how to build troops. To the person who asked, If you read this, read the HELP guide first!
- How long do you think it will be till a world finishes? Well, world 1 has been going since 2006, and it has less then 1000 players on it. There are a lot of variables that go into a decision to end the world, mainly whether players are even being active on the world, and the settings of the world. I believe that world one for Tribalwars.net could last until 2010, depending on how active everyone remains, and world one is a 1x speed, so a world like world 10, which is 2x, could last 2 to 2.5 years.
- Where was TribalWars first started? Tribalwars was created by two brothers and their friend. It was mainly as a hobby, a game that all 3 guys would actually want to play themselves. It was originally released in 2003 in German(die-staemme.de) and it grew from there, being introduced in many other languages over time. The second market was Tribalwars.net released in 2006. Now a days there are 20+ languages all with different communities and plenty of players on each world. In fact, Tribalwars has prospered quite a bit, over all the versions there are over 3 million players world wide.
- What powers/abilities do players that join the In-Game staff have? Well when you first join the staff you are only trained on basic tickets, like “how do I make troops”, or “What is with that juggler that appears in my village sometimes?” – once a moderator is trained they are given access to tools on 2-3 worlds to hunt for multi accounts, ban players breaking the rules, and answering player tickets. The strictest rule we have on the game is that you can NOT moderate any world you play, so you definitely dont have to worry about that. Level 1 In-Game Staff, which is the most common type you encounter have access to view mails, forums, logins, and commands from accounts – all things to make their job of finding the rule breakers easier. Of course they are always kept to only worlds they do not play, and every action is logged, so we have complete control over our volunteer staff incase anyone makes a mistake or does something they shouldn’t.
- Does Tribalwars hire staff under 18? Sure we do, our policy is that you need to be 16 to join the team as a forum moderator, as is almost every other version. For In-Game staff we follow the 18+ rule.
- Each time I take over a village I lose my noblemen. They are not lost in battle but just disappear after the village is won. Could you please explain why I lose my noblemen? Fun question! So when you noble the village, its like a change of sides, and the only way the village is going to change sides is if someone stays there and protects it. So this measly guy who dies when you send him alone somehow is able to protect an entire village by himself until the backup troops arrive. Which means he really doesnt disappear, he hangs out in the village you nobled.
- Are the setting choose from suggestion forum or just have to be different from any other world? When we choose world settings we look at a few different things. What people have suggested in the forums. What players have talked about as being an ‘interesting world’ if it were implemented and then what settings haven’t been used lately. We always release two worlds together so they are basically opposites of each other, as far as speed and nobling systems/smithy techs go, but each world varies, as to where we get the settings from.
- How is the “middle of the tribe” determined when one selects that option after having been nobled his last village? Its a really simple math equation. You take all the X coordinates of your tribe mates, add them together, get the average, then you take all the Y coordinates and do the same. That normally comes up with a number that can be located on the map and your village is set down there. Now if that village spot is taken, it takes the next closest one to that X|Y location.
- Will there ever be a new troop or new PA feature introduced? Well I cant tell you about future updates until they are official…but YES, there will always be new PA features added as the game goes along! As far as new troops, that is a mystery! Though I wouldn’t mind seeing a troop that explodes while it hits the village walls and damages 3 of the major buildings down to zero in one level if you dodge your troops out…just my imagination at work!
That concludes the questions for this week. Remember, if you have a question that you want me (or a team member) to answer, send in an email to Blog@Tribalwars.net and we can read them from there!